The Urgency of Now: Promoting Equity in Infrastructure & Recovery
Trillions of dollars have and will continue to flow from the federal government to states and localities to meet community COVID recovery and infrastructure needs. But who gets the resources depends on who state and local policymakers view as deserving of the funds and how they choose to distribute the resources. Historically, low income communities of color have lost out in securing the funding they so desperately need because their voices and priorities have been marginalized in the funding distribution process. Join this webinar to learn how underserved communities of color can get their equitable share of federal ARPA and infrastructure dollars. Listen to examples of how leaders and laypersons are leaning in to make policy work for people historically left behind.
- Diallo Brooks, Schott Foundation
- Sarah Treuhaft, PolicyLink
- Sarah Beth Gehl, Southern Economic Advancement Project
- Silvia Fabela, Local Progress
- Karthick Ramakrishnan, Center for Social Innovation
- Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, Global Policy Solutions (Moderator)