The Opportunity to Learn (OTL) Policy Commission emerged from the Schott Foundation’s National Opportunity to Learn Network of grantees and funding partners, who recognize a need for unifying and strategic policy work.
The OTL Policy Commission serves as a national hub for the development and dissemination of progressive policies, tools and tactics and a platform for facilitating collaboration between grassroots leaders and key decision-makers (ex. philanthropy, policy makers, state leadership and district leaders) in addressing issues of racial equity and justice in education. Ultimately, the Commission will amplify and advance community-informed policy recommendations grounded in equity and justice.
OTL Policy Commission Members:
- Alliance for Education Justice
- Alliance for Quality Education
- Alliance to Reclaim Our Schools
- Center for Popular Democracy
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Coalition for Education Justice
- Dignity in Schools Campaign
- Education Justice Alliance
- Girls for Gender Equity
- Journey for Justice
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights
- Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- National Urban League
- William & Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Communities for Just Schools Fund
- Schott Foundation for Public Education
Invest in The OTL Policy Commission
Support the commission’s groundbreaking work. Talk with Lauren Hadi, our SVP of Advancement, to learn how you can partner with us.