Invest Together Funders Briefing and Update
Thursday, March 16 • 2:00pm – 3:30pm ET
To register, email Schott Senior Vice President of Advancement Lauren Hadi:
We hope you’ll join us in conversation with advocates and funders on the frontlines of the hard work of racial justice in education. Not just our schools, but our democracy is at stake.
Our conversation will be led by:
- Yana Batra, Georgia Youth Justice Coalition
- Dennis Chin, Race Forward
- Dr. James Ford, Center for Racial Equity in Education (CREED), North Carolina
- Kesha Hamilton, School Board, Jackson Public Schools, Michigan
- Megan Hester, NYU Metro Center
- Dr. John H. Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education
- Eboni-Rose Thompson, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies
A coalition of groups across the country is mobilizing public school families and youth because they recognize the central place that public schools offer our communities. But that also is why a few wealthy extremists are shamefully investing in astroturf groups to stir up fear and division there.
The Invest Together Fund pools philanthropic dollars and supports grassroots H.E.A.L. Together partners across 19 states and dozens of school districts.
At our March 16th briefing, you will hear from our community partners and coalition organizers on this national effort and discuss your questions as well as opportunities to get involved.
Five-Alarm Fire: Should Philanthropy Do More About Attacks on “Critical Race Theory” in Schools?
Inside Philanthropy, Connie Matthiessen, May, 2022
Please join us to hear from our community partners and coalition organizers on this national effort and to discuss your questions as well as opportunities to get involved.