Leading organizers in the educational justice movement discuss how the last ten years of parent and youth organizing helped lay the foundation for the emergence of mass protests and the campaign for police free schools and where the movement is going.
- Jonathan Stith, Alliance for Educational Justice and National Campaign for Police Free Schools
- Elsa Bañuelos, Padres & Jóvenes Unidos, Denver, one of first city schools to defund police
- Mónica García, LAUSD board member and sponsor of the motion to defund school police in LA
- Veronica Rodriguez, youth organizer
- Tania Trejo, youth organizer
Mark R. Warren, UMass Boston and lead author, Lift Us Up, Don’t Push Us Out!
Many of the panelists have also written about their experiences on the front lines of the battle for educational justice in America in "Lift Us Up, Don't Push Us Out!": Voices from the Front Lines of the Educational Justice Movement. The webinar was sponsored by Beacon Press.